Sunday, January 17, 2010

2 Years . . . Isn't This the Part Where My Hair is Supposed to Start Growing Super Fast?

First of all . . . sorry, sorry sorry for not posting for the past couple months. But I just had to post today. Wanna know why? (I hope the title didn't give it away, lol) It's my 2 year loc anniversary. Yaaaayyyy!!! Last year, my boyfriend took me out to dinner to celebrate. But this year, I was coincidentally invited to dinner at a friend's home so that'll be my treat for hitting the 2 year mark. Don't want to write too much. Just want to show you some pictures so here we go . . .
2 years ago on this day . . .


Me today . . . (well actually a couple days ago)

Me right before doing a retwist 2 years ago . . .


Me doing a retwist earlier this year . . .


Me in March 2008

Me in March 2009

Up-do early April 2008

Up-do April 2009

Serious face (lol) and up-do circa April 2008



Serious face and up-do circa May 2009

Note how the up-do technique has changed. Now I put my hair into a ponytail at the back of my head, and then incorporate it into ponytails going up. When I'm out of hair, I tuck where I can and voila! Maybe I'll do a video tutorial at some point, but it's pretty easy.



Photo shoot wearing a bun ponytail circa May 2008 (I still looove this picture)

The bun in 2009 (Still going skrong)
8/13/09



My hair in November 2008

My hair in Dec 2009
Yeah the picture's a little dark, but note the amount of growth.



Bathroom glamour shot 2008
Bathroom glamour shot 2009
Sexay!


Random pic 2008



Random pic 2009
I'm starting to notice how I make the same faces in my pictures, lol.



Circa Oct 2008

Picture taken just now . . .
(Again, a little length evident. Hmm, what's that on the computer screen?)



Braided style circa November 2008

Braided style 2009
(I'll see if I can find a close-up pic later. But this was another braiding masterpiece from my sister)


Typical style Jan 2009
Typical style Jan 2010


All right! Hope you enjoyed my little anniversary post. The comparison pics show how much progress I've made in a 2 year period. (Can you believe it? 2 years!!!) I've enjoyed every second of this journey and I'm happy to continue on this adventure. I posted some more random pics from the year. Enjoy them and stay encouraged!





7/16/10


12/22/09


7/16/09


Jan 2010



7/14/09



4/23/10

2 comments:

msfullroller said...

Wow, beautiful progress! I love seeing these. Congratulations on your 2nd Loc-a-versary!!

Naturally Me! said...

Hey, thank you for keeping up with my progress MsFullroller. It's been a wonderful journey so far and I can't wait for my 3rd loc-a-versary.